Missing teeth take away from the beauty and function of your smile. At DreamSmile of Norcross, we help you restore the damage caused by missing teeth by offering a permanent restoration in the form of dental implants. Dental implants are one of the most promising and trusted treatment procedures of modern dentistry.
An implant is basically a titanium post that acts as the root for a replacement tooth. It is surgically placed into the jawbone and can be covered by replacement teeth such as crowns, bridges, dentures, etc. Dental implants are a great solution for people who have a healthy gum line and good bone condition.
Advantages of Tooth Replacement Using Dental Implants
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth and they become permanent because they fuse with the jaw bone
- With dental implants, you can speak with ease, without having to worry about your replacement teeth slipping or getting displaced.
- Implants eliminate the discomfort associated with removable dentures because they fuse with the jaw bone to become a part of your mouth.
- Dentures are prone to slipping and getting loose, and hence there are food restrictions while you use them. Since dental implants are fixed to the jawbone like real teeth, so there are no restrictions on what you can eat.
- The placement of dental implants does not require the nearby teeth to be altered, thereby allowing the structure of the natural teeth to be preserved.
- Implants are highly durable and could last a lifetime you care for them properly.
For people who do not have enough jaw bone density to support an implant, a procedure called bone grafting is performed to add artificially or naturally sourced grafts to enhance the success rates of implant surgery.
For more information about dental implants can enhance your smile, please feel free to contact our office at (770) 449 1497 .